The company was established in 1913 to provide a 24 hour reliable, efficient and all-weather ship/shore service for the many shipping and shipbuilding industries based upon or visiting the Clyde for ship trials.
The first fifty years spanned a major depression and two world wars. During these years the company's boats provided the shore link for the many ships within the Clyde anchorages (well over a hundred at any one time in the war years), transporting shipbuilders' trial parties, repair gangs, crews, surveyors, spares and stores.
Four generations of Munro family have steadily directed and expanded the business into tugs, ferries, passenger tenders, charter cruise vessels, and provide the vital harbour services of boatmen and riggers. Our fleet of vessels provide mooring, boarding and towing services around the clock, assisting ship movements within the Clyde area.
The main focus of operations covers the river from Glasgow to the Firth of Clyde although contracts frequently extend to the islands, lochs and harbours on the West Coast of Scotland.
The company is committed to providing a continuous service to all port users and employs fully trained and experienced staff with an unrivalled knowledge of the entire Clyde area. The quality system ISO9001:2008 has been held since 1995 and the company achieved OHSAS18001:2007 certification in 2009, whilst we gained ISO14001:2004 certification in January 2011.
A modern company with qualified personnel and modern equipment, providing efficient, reliable and flexible marine services at all times around the clock.